Cutting Ad Bids

So our Azoogle & Google affiliate Experiment/How-to is still not doing anything.  So far this month we have made 5 sales for $100 total.  However we have spent over $240.

So, basically all that I did was cut my spend by as much to break even.

The number of clicks will be way down but the profitability should be there.  Before I was spending $.60 a click.  So $100/$240 = 41.6%.  .416 x $.60 = $.25.  I set it to $.30 however because it is pretty close.

I have found a couple of winners this way.  You set your spend to a profitable level.  Then for some reason you see a conversion spike sometime down the road.  It might be a month later, it may be a year.  You then find out why it spiked and you capitalize on it going forward.  It’s like setting a bunch of fish hooks in a lake then fishing at the spot where the fish are biting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


3 × six =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>